Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Backs on

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Backs on

The cast iron book press is back at the summer house and I won't be there for a couple of weeks. But it's possible to glue the backs without it, don't worry. 

Glueing the same small cleats as I used when I put the tops on saves me loads of  trouble. A drop of superglue and broken off pieces of kerfed lining strips, we could call them tentalones. 


The first two went together as a sandwich, each uke being the perfect caul for the other one. A cheap mouse mat lies between to even things out. 


The third one got clamped against a piece of plywood, and is still drying as I write this. 


Now I'll start with the fretboards, the bodies are close to done. I will trim the backs and sand and scrape them in preparation for finishing. 

No comments: