Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: New tool, a kerfing plane

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

New tool, a kerfing plane

I saw the best series of youtube vids, from Tom Fidgen. He has some great ideas about resawing by hand, and shows how he builds a frame saw and a "kerfing plane". An image search will show you his. 

My large bandsaw is broken, and I did buy that Pax rip saw for resawing. But scoring the perimeter with a gauge hasn't been enough to guide the saw perfectly. The advantage of the kerfing plane is that it cuts a deeper kerf at a set distance from the face of the board, and that kerf guides whichever saw you use for ripping. 

Oh well - you see where this is leading don't you. 

I am building my own kerfing plane. 

Even though I have other stuff to do. 


No comments: