Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: New resonators on their way

Sunday, March 16, 2014

New resonators on their way

I found some plywood of the same kind I used for the first six reso ukes, and even better - I found the router templates!

My band saw is still up the creek (I can't find a damn driving belt short enough) so I roughed out the contours with a jig saw. 


Next step will be (and I write this down for myself so I won't forget it) attaching the template for the outer edge and running it against a flush cut router bit. The router will be mounted in a table. 

Then half of the blanks will get the large hole for the soundwell routed out, and the rest will get to keep a cross to strengthen the back. 


Then the top halves will get another layer of plywood... Or will they get that even before the contour is cut flush? Oh my, I don't remember how I did it last time. I'll have to check my own blog to see if I took any pics of the proceedings then. 


No comments: