Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Soundhole cutter

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Soundhole cutter

Inspired by Ken Timms' marvellous creation, and a bloke with a blog called The Village Woodworker, I finally made a decent soundhole cutter. The blade is from an old Taylor chisel, with the stamped acorn. It's easy to choose radius, the piece in the middle with the pin slides, guided by the dowel going through the piece at the end.

It would work for rosettes as well, but I've never felt the urge to make one. Perhaps now with this tool I'll try.

4 comments:

Matrix12x said...

This is awesome. looks like it would be great for small radii holes as well.

Sven Nyström, Argapa said...

Yep, and if I need a bigger diameter I can just move the pin to another hole in the sliding part.

Sven

john said...

fantastic, do you have any video of this? really love to see it :)

Sven Nyström, Argapa said...

That's a great idea, I'll make sure I make a video of it in action. Most likely after Hollesley though, flying to England tomorrow.