Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Moving forward with the next one

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Moving forward with the next one

Can you imagine, numbers 46 and 47 are moving down the list of those who've emailed me... Ah well, they'll end up somewhere no doubt.

But this is number 48 after some rapid progress with the scraper. Fret slots are cut, and the wood where the nut goes is cut away with the Mother of all Chisels. Now I'm drilling the pilot holes because I need to hang it up. The neck'll get a couple of coats of shellac before the frets go in.

But this time I'm gonna glue the bridge before finishing the box. I'm not convinced of my ability to scrape off the shellac where the bridge goes. So I'll take my chances French polishing around the bridge instead. (All other finish options are on hold indefinitely.)

No comments: