Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Completed, at last!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Completed, at last!

So. Here's the group pic I've waited to take. Stringing up, tuning, de-stringing and adjusting, re-stringing, tuning once then twice again...

Hard work I tell you! But they are done. Maybe one of them needs a bit of tweaking at the bridge, but I don't have to ship that one until maybe wednesday.

And these were made for having some stock. But they're all sold now.

I started on three more this morning.

And yes, one is pink. It's for Aya, and I do hope it's the right nuance.

4 comments:

Howlin' Hobbit said...

they're all lovely but I think I like the one second from right (with the slightly asymmetric pegs) the best.

Sven Nyström, Argapa said...

Ah, that is useful information. And... do you prefer low or high action?

Did you see the vid of the batch on YT?

Rgrds / Sven

Howlin' Hobbit said...

just watched the video last night. very pretty sounds. are you tuning them in standard C tuning? I tune my little Ohana sopranino up a fourth (F tuning).

as to action, most of my ukes are kind of middle. too low and you get rattles (especially when you attack the strings like I do), too high and you get intonation issues up the neck.

Sven Nyström, Argapa said...

In the vid, they are (sort of) in D. At least at the outset.