Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Good progress

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Good progress

This is an attempt to show you a lot in a single pic.

The alder tenor has gotten its' sides bent, blocks glued in place and
solid linings installed on the soundboard side. And I chose to build
it with a bolt-on neck since I think that gives me more control
aligning and fitting.

A new little piccolo is taking shape alongside the tenor, sides bent
and blocks and linings glued, neck almost completely carved.

But the best thing is I really upgraded my piccolo mould, I put
threaded inserts around it so I won't have to use string when glueing
the top and back. It looks almost half semi-professional I think. I am
so proud. I have to make one for my next tenor.

3 comments:

Jukka said...

Oooohhh! Upgraded piccolo mould. Sounds like more aggressive really small micro organisms of the pennicillin family. Good for cheese making perhaps.

As a side comment: Looking nice. Looking forward to it. But I will not score high on your nagometer.

Anonymous said...

Upgraded piccolo mould. SOnds like an especially potent version of an especially small micro organism of the pennicillin family. Good for small cheeses perhaps?

As a side note: Looking good and looking forward to looking at it for real.

/Jukka

(Why does the comment disappear when I try to use the name/url option)

Sven Nyström, Argapa said...

It works, it's just that I need to approve your comment before you see it!

Sven